Gone fishing

So, I've been working at the same job for the last 6 1/2 years and I think it's high time that I sucumb to my natural wanderlust and desert my flatmate in her hour of need (she's getting married in April - what would you do?). The plan to date is to hand in my notice and travel around south east Asia and Australia for a while before returning to good olde blighty. Or maybe I'll just go fishing...

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Goodbye to Singapore

Where has all the time gone? Although really, I have no cause for complaint, as I have had an absolutely incredible time here in East Asia. Ade and I were talking yesterday as we were relaxing by our first beach this trip, about our different travel styles – he likes to read up as
much as he can before he goes somewhere and then see how the place compares with the picture he has of it in his mind.I like to go somewhere with no preconceptions and let a local friend show me what the place is really like. That way I can make up my own mind what I think and get to go to the places that the local people go to and do the things they do and find out from them what to do and where to go. I don't think one way is better than another, they're just different.

Today we went back to church again (I feel as if it is now my church in Singapore) and heard another cracking good sermon. The preacher spoke of the different reactions of people to Jesus in Mark 3: some followed him in crowds to see what he could do for them (heal sick, cast out demons etc), the religious leaders of the time thought he was evil, his family thought that he was mad and still others were singled out by Jesus to get to know him better and learn from him (his disciples). Have you ever sat down and really thought about what you think of Jesus?

After church, Cat, another friend from London who landed today, along with Ade joined us for lunch at a nearby hawker centre. It was pretty cool to meet up with friends from home halfway across the world. I'm hoping to "bump into" some other friends while I'm in Australia, we'll see.



From left to right: Cat, Charlotte, Chelsia, Me, Ade

Tonight I leave Singapore and head towards Brisbane for the first of my Australian adventures. I’ve had a great time here and I’m sad to go, but I’m looking forward to the land down under.

I suppose I should go and pack…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home