Handed in my notice
Oh my goodness! How scary is this?? I've just sent off my letter of resignation from LogicaCMG which means that from the end of January, I will be without a job. Yikes. Cool. I guess that this has been in the making for some time now but I can hardly believe that it is actually going to happen.
I have to confess that the recent events which occured in South East Asia have been a bit sobering for me. I had planned to spend the first leg of my journey on the idilic island of Phuket. Sadly, the tsunami got there first. My friend Charlotte who will be accompanying me for part of the journey and I were chatting the other day and we were commenting that the disaster could so easily could have happened in a months time when we would have been there. You never know when your time is up in this life, it's so important to plan for your next...
We have since changed our travel plans. If you would like to help out the victims of the tsunami, then make a donation to DEC - the Disasters Emergency Committee, an umbrella organisation representing a number of UK charities which are working to provide relief aid to the hundreds of thousands of people affected.
Phew. So much to consider. It's New Years Eve and I think that I'm going to have to head off to a party. Hope 2005 is better for you than 2004.


1 Comments:
Hi Vaniah, It's Ben Rudd here - your anonymous blogger commentator. Just wanted to say that I think you've made some brave and excellent decions recently. I wish you a fun and adventurous time in your travels. Looking forward to hearing about them.
Ben
Post a Comment
<< Home